The CISCE Board or the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination is the sole authority responsible for conducting two major examinations without any hindrance. They are – The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE Class 10) and The Indian School Certificate for (ISC Class 12). In 1958, the CISCE Board was established, and it is recognized as a national-level private education board in India. After the CBSE Board, CISCE Board is considered as one of the most prestigious and popular boards in India. Along with conducting exams, the board prescribes the syllabus, designs sample papers, previous year papers, textbooks, etc. The CISCE Board is also involved in revamping the curriculum according to the latest education trend.
For students, preparing for Class 9 is not an easy task. It is an important stage for developing the foundation for Class 10. Class 9 consists of a vast syllabus that needs to be completed in a short period of time. The chapters of Class 9 explains the concepts and basics of topics and subtopics of higher standards. Students need to have basic knowledge and understanding of the Class 9 syllabus to understand the concepts covered in Class 10, 11 and 12. To crack exams such as NTSE and Olympiads the syllabus of Class 9 is crucial.
Class 9 is not considered a board exam, but students should not ignore the studies of Class 9. Students of Class 9 should divide equal importance to subjects like Maths, Science, English, Social Science, etc. When they begin their exam preparation, students can take help from study materials such as ICSE syllabus, sample papers, previous year papers, important questions, notes, etc. ICSE students should prepare themselves with the help of essential study resources provided by the ICSE Board.
Here are a few tips to crack the Class 9 exam with flying colours.
Tips and Tricks to Prepare for Class 9 Exam
- It is essential for students to strategize a proper study schedule. It ensures that students study all the subjects throughout the week. Give more importance to weaker subjects so that they are well-prepared for their exam.
- The syllabus of Class 9 prescribed by the ICSE Board is crucial for exam preparation. The exam question paper is prepared according to the syllabus. It covers the complete course structure, weightage of marks for each chapter and the duration of each chapter.
- While studying each chapter, students should make it a habit of taking down important notes. These notes will help them to quickly revise the syllabus before the exam. The notes come in handy and students can carry them wherever necessary.
- For exam preparation, students need to follow textbooks prescribed by the ICSE Board available for all the classes. The ICSE textbook of Class 9 for all the subjects explains every topic and subtopic in a simple and understandable language.
- Solve previous year question papers to understand the question paper pattern, types of questions they can expect, important topics and marking scheme for each section. Students can self-access their preparation level by solving these papers of last year.
- ICSE Board releases sample papers of all the subjects for all the classes. These sample papers are prepared as per the syllabus and according to the exam pattern of Class 9.
- Students should revise the entire syllabus thoroughly to ace their Class 9 exam. They should revise all the subjects every week to make sure that they don’t miss out on any crucial topic. The revision will help them to be confident while writing the exam paper.
The tips mentioned above will help ICSE Class 9 students to ace their exam. Students if they find difficulty in understanding any chapter or topic can refer to notes or summaries to clear their doubts. Students need to work hard and be thorough with the concepts of Class 9 to score better marks in their exam. Be thorough with ICSE Class 9 syllabus of Maths, Science, English, Social Studies and other subjects to write the exam with confidence.
The marks scored in Class 9 are crucial for students as it decides whether students will be promoted to a higher class or not. Even to get into some prestigious universities or colleges, Class 9 marks are counted while getting admission.